Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

If you had to be a fruit, what would you be?

edited January 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I think I'd be a pineapple. I'd hang around in some very exotic places and I would have great hair!
  • Passion!
  • I'd like to say banana but I'd probably go for a cherry. Actually, I'd be the whole fruit salad because I can never make up my mind!
  • Nectarine, can be hard or very soft, but lovely anyway. (I TRY)
  • I'd be a satsuma - you're never too sure if they will be sweet or sharp, or a little mix of the both. They have many segments and you don't know what you'll find in each.
  • Pomegranate.
    Tough rind, acid pulp but patience may winkleout the abundance of sweetly delicious seeds.
  • Who says I'm not!
  • lol at Jay

A banana. Fleeting period of being fit for this world, then disappears, forgotten...
  • Watermelon. Round, tough protective shell. Soft, watery and delicious on the inside when you crack through the exterior.
  • Do you start to see a similar image among us whatever our choice?
  • Ha-ha, yes Carol. I'm beginning to see a pattern. A psychologist would have a field day reading these, I'm sure!
  • Coconut. Seem tough quite often but break the shell and enjoy the sweetness inside.
  • TT- and if you fell off a tree and landed on someone, you'd probably knock them out!!!
  • The way I feel today I think Ugli sums it up
  • Just to keep the psychologists employed: an orange. I thrive in a hot climate, love to be squeezed, I'm quite pithy and can get the pip sometimes but I never get in a jam. Oh yes, and I'm full of juicy stories.
  • Gooseberry. Bit sharp, keeps forever and looks quite attractive, but what the hell do you do with it?
  • Ooh TT, I was going to say a coconut but I changed my mind at the last minute for a couple of reasons. I wrote it out and then scrapped it. My last line was going to be, "basically I'm just a nut" and decided if Talkbackers didn't know that already then I'd have some serious PR to do. Then I got to thinking that maybe, in fact, a coconut really was a nut and not a fruit. So? Which is it?
  • Well we call it a nut, but it is actually the bit inside the big pod that grows on the tree, so it probably does come under the definition of a fruit.
  • um, isn't coconut technically a seed?

Well, anyway I'm not splitting hairs! I don't want anyone to get the pip with me. mwa
  • A coconut IS a fruit. Not a nut.
    We had this thread (or something very like it) a long while ago, does anyone remember it? Once again, I would be -
    smooth and silky with delicate skin, a gentle sunset coloured blush on my outer layer and full of cooling, sweet juice. My flesh would entice you with its tenderness and as you bite, your senses would be overcome with delight. I would be a peach.
  • My mouth is watering reading this thread. I can't make up my mind what I would be. Any ideas? Maybe I'd be a grape - why I don't know, but I just like them. I visited a lady in hosptial last Monday who invited me to eat some of her grapes - just like the comedy sketch!
  • You didn't eat the lot, did you Stan?!!!
  • When I started reading this topic  I immediately decided I would have to be a sharon fruit, as it is tough on the outside, but very sweet inside.  As this has already been taken and I have to choose a new one, perhaps  I'll choose a kumquat.  It can be eaten whole and is usually sweet, but sometimes a little sour; a lychee is another possibility.

• Monkeynuts - are there any Italian-run cafes in your area?
  • A mango.  And I shall leave all the psychoanalysis to you bunch of 'nuts'!
  • I don't know how my last comment appeared on this thread - it was intended for another one!!
  • Stan... could it be you like being part of a bunch? Maybe it means you never get old because even when dried you're still 'currant'? Or perhaps you just like the banter on the (grape)vine?
  • What else could you do except stand there and look sweet?!!
  • Er...leak? Smell?  Roll around on the floor?
  • I wonder why nobody has opted for a lemon? Ha-ha
  • Still, it's quite a fruit salad, isn't it?!!
  • Oh yes. So colourful too!
  • Howard,I like your comments.
  • Jenny's so observant about me!  Anyway, I'd probably be a simple nut if we could all bring it down to basics.

I'm as nutty as a basket of completely stupid frogs playing the French horn and STILL people don't quite "get" me!  Thank goodness I have a massive arkful of mates who know... and love me just the same.
  • I could be really cruel here and shove my ex-husband up for the post of LEMON.  Sour, dour and yellow.  However, he must have had some redeeming qualities for me to marry him in my 20s.  He could often be found accompanying a G&T though, rather like a lemon, then...