Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Talkback block....sigh....

edited August 2006 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Hi everyone!
    I think I've been away for too long! I'm not able to write at the moment...which is horrible, because I was soooo full of ideas when I got back from holiday. Now I even seem to be 'disconnected' from Talkback. I read every message, don't worry, but somehow I can't participate in  any threads or discussions....I don't know what it is exactly but it does worry me a bit! So have any of you had the same problem? Maybe had a long holiday and had trouble adjusting? I just need somebody to tell me that this will pass and that I will be able to write and 'talkback' again. So Dannii, Yes I have writer's block.....of some sort that is!
  • Poor you! I think only a few days away and its difficult to latch back on to the threads. I'm on a American site where they post like fury while I'm asleep. I wake up and its like a mountain to climb! Best thing to do is exactly this. Start your own thread and see where it goes.
  • I found the first few days after my week at Swanick last year difficult. I think it's because you cut yourself off from the normal things- you don't do them while you're on holiday, and getting back into routine can take time.
  • Yep..it might be exactly that. I've been cut off from "everyday life" for too long. When you're alone a lot in nature, you start developing your own reality it seems. I miss the mountains and nature around me so much...I just think I need to adjust slowly. Thanks for the support!
  • Fleur,
    You started this thread with eight lines of lucid and engaging English.  What writers' block?
    Patty
  • Welcome back Fleur - soon your writers' block will pass.
  • Thanx Patty!
    I've been a bit better the last 2 days. I just needed a kick in the .... (I didn't say it Webbo!)Sometimes I can feel so sorry for myself, the only solution is: ACTION!
    And it helps me a lot to read other people's messages. I know I'm not the only one who's struggling. Being surrounded by "Talkbackers" helps a lot!