Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Reminder for everyone to check

edited January 2008 in - Writing Problems
A few of us have asked Jon to alter the system, because- if you add to a thread where you were the last one to leave a message, the thread does not go to the top. Consequently a lot of new threads are getting relegated to the second and third pages without many people seeing them.
So until Jon solves this problem, we should all be aware there may be stuff we haven't seen beyond page 1.

Comments

• Noticed that, been trying to find a way of commenting without leaving it at the end where I found it, but short of starting a new discussion, I couldn't resolve the problem.
  • Yes, I've not happy with this at all. All my work is going unnoticed. I will tender my resignation should this unacceptable practice continue.
  • I've put a request on the top sticky thread, so hopefully Jon will get this on Monday. I've asked that ALL threads go to the top when a message is added.
  • Me too. What a carry on!!
  • It's one I've mentioned to Jon, too.

Can I put in a reminder here for the One Word Challenge? You'll find two discussions/threads on the subject, one for rules & queries; and one for submissions. This month's word is 'Time', and you're welcome to submit a (very) short story or a poem (see discussions/threads for full details). Any suggestions regarding rules etc gratefully received.
  • Thanks Jay.

Has anyone else found messages they've added have not stayed on the thread after you've seen them posted?
  • Yes, a couple I posted to yourself and Stan last night failed to materielise although they were posted when I left the thread - it is a bit disconcerting - particularly when other posts appear in their place. I wonder if it happens when two people post simultaneously and only one post is accepted?
  • I considered that, but the other thing it might be is the yellow flashing just after the post appears on the thread. I'm wondering if it isn't due to leaving the thread before the flashing background stops, and that 'loses' the message.
  • Carol, I've put (I hope) something on the main (sticky) thread about this.
  • Thanks, I'll go there now.
  • I added to the thread about the breach of my copyright but of course it has not come to the top.
  • Where was it Mutley, as I'd like to know, and we can then add to it, and it will come to the top then.
  • I've had many of my posts dissapearing. I'll look out for the flashing thing.
  • edited January 2008
    Carol you posted it originally I think. I will look what it was called.

Poems, copyright and people who don't know - was the thread title.
  • I had a look earlier but unlike the old system it didn't bring up all the thread with the latest additions. I'll check again.
  • Well done, you found it. Thank you.
  • The thing that I find the most annoying is that there is no button to click to read threads since your last visit - it means you have to trawl through every page looking at dates ! Most irritating and time consuming ....
  • edited January 2008
    You can set your viewing from a part on the ACCOUNTS PAGE. When I log in the threads show me how many have postings I haven't read, and when I click on one thread it takes me to the ones I haven't read yet. So fix your choice to go to the bottom of the page each time. That should solve that problem.
  • Thanks Carol - will have a look at that !