Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What have I done?

edited February 2008 in - Writing Problems
I was cleaning my keyboard, unfortunately the screen was on too- not turned off.
And I now find everything on the page is elongated- imagine an A4 piece of paper with an extra A4 page on the bottom.
Any one know what I may have pressed or how to correct it?

Comments

• I have got the top of my screen back, so things look normal, but I'm not sure what I did with the keys to lose it in the first place.
  • sometimes we don't know what we do - I changed the settings on my IE mail box without knowing how I did it and I cannot get it back.
  • Next time I'll wipe over the gaps between the key areas when it's turned off!
  • I don't know the answer, unless you've managed to get the keyboard damp which has effected the visual part of the computer (is it a desktop or a laptop) Laptop it might cause problems a desktop it shouldn't. I've had lemonade in a desktop keyboard once and it caused many problems, but did eventually dry out. I took it apart three times before though.
    I hope it comes right all on its own.
  • Desktop, and it was one of those wipes specially for keyboards and screens. So it is okay.
    I think I must have touched some of the pads and it removed the top of the screen so the toolbar disappeared. I lost it once before, so knew how to get it back using the toolbar- fortunately (once I realised what the problem was).
  • I believe pressing ALT+ENTER can produce (and reverse) that effect .
  • Thanks Richt.
  • Oh dear, Carol!
  • All is working okay now Stan.
  • Pleased to hear that Carol.