Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Copyright update

edited February 2008 in - Writing Problems
You may remember that I was following up the breach of copyright by an internet site of one of my poems. I wriote to the site host and received no reply. I wrote to the provider of the domain and was told to contact their appointed agent. I wrote to the appointed agent and although I have not received a reply the site concerned has been made private to the individuals signed up friends. I have no way of knowing whether she is still breaching my copyright but at least it is no longer being done publicly.

I guess there is a point at which you have to say 'I've done enough. THis is distracting me from the day job!'

Comments

• It is probably the best you are going to get,unfortunately, but hopefully that person will now realise they can't just take something from somewhere else without crediting it. Hopefully they will have had to explain to their friends why things have been changed.
    There is a big grey area of knowledge on copyright, and not enough is being done to help those ordinary writers who have had their copyright infringed.
    I think it is something that should be taught to children early on.