Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime
How about going to a PHPBB board ?
The forum is elegant in its simplicity - I'll give it that! And I can see the attraction in its simplicity when it comes to the more mature generation navigating the threads and posting etc.
However, I do miss all the perks and the layout that a PHPBB (or similar) forum has. Such as
1. Instant information on a users post count and online status
2. Private messaging system
3. Clear and identifiable moderation.
4. The ability to create 'polls'
5. The ability to link pictures via free hosting sites
6. The ease of incorporating italics, fonts, bold, colour and other effects within your post.
7. The ability to easily quote another members post and incorporate it within your own.
...and so on and so on.
So... would any change like this be considered in the future ?
I have read a lot of posts from people here saying things such as 'There is a core group of members...newbies come and go....'
I do have a gut instinct that the reason newbies come and go is because maybe they are more familiar with the well established PHPBB format and find this forum limited in scope in terms of self-expression.
Comments on this subject most welcome :)