Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

help where is spell checker

edited August 2011 in Off-topic
Hi can anyone help. I lost every thing on my computer Friday.It jammed and I could not get in . I spoke to the manufacturers who advised me to wipe the hard drive, so lost every thing. Have got most of it back now.but spell checker is not working , can anyone point me in the right direction to get it back , please , please, please.

Comments

• Not certain this'll work - hope it doesn't make things any worse.

View
    Toolbars
    Standard - this should be ticked
    then you should see a box showing ABC with a tick.

Good luck!
  • You may also need to do this:

Tools
    Spelling and Grammar
    Dictionary Language - this should show English (U.K.)
  • Thanks Jay but none of those things come up on my tools or toolbar ????????????
  • I assume you mean spell check on your computer as a whole, rather than just Word files?
  • edited August 2011
    What sort of thing is in your toolbar (or whatever it's called) on your document screen at the moment?
  • [quote=Carol]I assume you mean spell check on your computer as a whole, [/quote]
    Yes Carol thats what I mean . I can get it on documents . But it used to spell check automatically when I was on here , now it does not. Also was automatic on both my email accounts. I can do spell check on them but its a pain, so much easier when it gets underlines in red as I go.
  • If you find out how to spell check on Talkback, let me know!
  • Does it depend on who you use for sending e-mails?
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]If you find out how to spell check on Talkback, let me know! [/quote]
    will do
    [quote=Jay Mandal]Does it depend on who you use for sending e-mails?[/quote]
    don`t know??
  • I know I used to have a spell checker option in the tools section, but like Jenny lost it after my previous computer had to be completely wiped.
    I was using XP then. I never found it again, so you may just need to keep a dictionary handy, sadly.
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]If you find out how to spell check on Talkback, let me know![/quote]

Use virtually ANY browser except IE. Firefox, Safari and Google all have spell checkers