Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Not-so-private messages on TB

edited June 2015 in Writing
When someone sends me a PM on TB I click on 'Inbox' to read it and to reply.
Then I click on 'Lizy' and the name of the sender to get rid of the other red dot. Each time I do this I can read all the other messages that person has received. Surely this isn't right?

Comments

• You can have two different types of message. One is private and the other appears on the TBer's page.
  • Oh - how does that work?
  • If I click on your name - as shown when you've posted - it takes me to your page. There I can add a comment, as Mrs Bear did about the bread. Or I can send you a private message.

I will do both now - so you can see what I mean.
  • So you can see what Mrs Bear said.
    That's my point - it could have been a much more private message.
  • Yes, but Mrs Bear didn't send you a private message, she posted a comment on your profile page.
  • I give up!
  • This has been queried before, I think Claudia had the same panic and Webbo explained how it works. Posting comments on someone's page isn't private.

At the time, Mrs Bear probably thought it was private.
  • So it's like Facebook? Messenger versus writing on someone's 'wall'?
  • I didn't realise we could still send private messages. I'd only noticed an option to send someone a message and assumed that could be seen if anyone else went looking for it.