Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Buce Forsyth's autobiography

edited December 2008 in - Reading
My daughter gave me this ages ago and I actually started reading it last night.
What a refreshing read. He had a normal childhood and lovely supportive parents.
(Didn't realise he had a kidney removed when young) Hasn't he done well!

Comments

• He is one of those celebrities who you don't mind having a celeb biography, as he has done a lot both personally and for charity, and he is old, not 22 with a career of two or three years. :)
  • He is old, but he is not doddery!
  • With Bruce enjoying half a century in entertainment it would be surprsing if his autobiography were not thoroughly enjoyable as well as interesting.
    I have it on my Christmas list funnily enough.
  • You will certainly enjoy it Aegean I am. He should be made Sir Brucie !
  • Have to put it on my library list.
    Saw Brucie recently on TV. His daughter's dog had a problem and they called in the dog-whisperer.
    At the end of the programme, with the dog's problems fixed he commented "Didn't he do well".

I do like biographies. Have just read Janet Reger's. Always had money but not a happy life.
  • He is probably a nice bloke - and I'm glad he had a happy childhood - but I just cannot stand his showbiz persona... I have to switch off when he comes on the TV.

(I'll get me coat :) )
  • That's OK Rosalie I'll forgive you! We all have different tastes!
  • Nice to see you nice! Is that the title of his autobio?
  • It would be a great Christmas pressie for my dad who has always loved Bruce Forsyth. He doesn't like the current Strictly series though - think it's the kind of dancing he doesn't like rather than Bruce.