Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book out at Christmas!

edited December 2008 in - Writing Tales
Best Gay Romance 2009 is now available.

It contains about 20 short stories, including one of mine, and there is a Kindle version in America. Amazon.com also has a 'search inside' facility.

The editor has said a cheque and a contributor's copy are on their way to me - but they're coming from Canada and San Francisco, so they may be delayed as it's Christmas.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=best+gay+romance+2009&x=20&y=15
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Best+Gay+romance+2009

Happy Christmas!

Comments

• Great news Jay, and a great way to start the run up to the New Year.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Yes, lovely to have good news - especially now!
  • Another success! Well done, Jay!!! :D
  • Congratulations, Jay.
  • Hi Jay, that's great!
  • tremendous news, Jay!
  • Well done Jay.
  • Well done, Jay:)
  • Hey - congratulations, Jay! Great news.
  • Congratulations - a very good start to the new year
  • Thanks, everyone.

The following comes from Amazon.com a little while ago:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #41,342 in Books

#27 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Romance > Gay
    #43 in Books > Romance > Anthologies
    #49 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
  • Well done Jay.
    I hope it brings you much success.
  • What a kick-off! Well done, Jay, now to find it ...
  • Great news Jay!
  • Congratulations Jay. What a nice end to 2008.
  • Well done Jay - a nice Christmas present for you.

Hope you're feeling better! :) x
  • edited December 2008
    Bet it'll work, now. [Ah. Combining posts again.]

See what I mean? Here goes again, then ... (but I'm saving it this time)

Hey, my copies arrived yesterday (I tried to let everyone know, but Talkback was down). One week from San Francisco to Surrey, with Christmas in the middle.

The cheque is still in the post. :-)

Not sure how I am, by the way. Got so stressed out this morning that I started phoning various doctors, and now have got some more tranquillisers (think that's what they are). Oddly enough, have stopped feeling like throwing the crockery at the wall even though I haven't taken the new tablets. Wouldn't have been so bad if Christmas had actually been stressful, but it wasn't. I sometimes think that, by the time you feel bad enough to start making a fuss, you're actually over the worst. New Year's Eve party tonight. I hope it's fancy dress. I wouldn't need make-up to go as a vampire ...
  • Have a great time tonight Jay. :)
  • Well done, Jay. Take care.
  • KJKJ
    edited January 2009
    Hi Jay - hope you're feeling little better now. Keep smiling - this is a New Year; new start.
    My book should also be hitting the shelves about now, since it is officially released today, so that's two of us who will be grinning for the sheer hell of it - let's hit the bubbly and celebrate together?!
    Hey, lets celebrate the New Year as well... :D
  • Well done KJ.
  • Great news KJ and JAy
  • Well done Jay and KJ. Great start to the new year.
  • edited January 2009
    :)

congrats!

oh, and kj
  • Well done, Karen! Cheers!
  • well done, KJ
    Hope poor Jay is feeling less like murdering the crockery today ...
  • Let you know later. :-)