Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Costa Book Awards

edited January 2009 in - Reading
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/7811656.stm

Comments

• I won the shortlisted selection in a short story comp. The only one I've read so far is Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith and it blew me away. The best book I've read in a long time. I'll see when I come to read the others but I can't believe there's a better one than Child 44.
  • We had dinner with him at the Crime Writers Conference. I read the book before we did. I was so impressed I have added it to our book group's list for my choice for this year.
  • You lucky thing, Mutley. I wasn't even going to read the book but in October I visited Moscow and Belgorod so put the book to one side for the friend I travelled with. One day I thought I would read the first page (something I do a lot just to see how authors begin their novels) and was hooked. I noticed it was his first novel and was so impressed with his writing. I did begin to think I could never write like that then read that he's got a journalist background and hadn't come to novel writing cold. At least it is something good to aspire too.