Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Google notice to authors and publishers

edited January 2009 in - Reading
http://www.googlebooksettlement.com/

See February's Writers' News page 30.

Does anyone have any idea what action, if any, should be taken?

Comments

• This is interesting. Google have many of my poems up as tasters for books I'm in... I didn't think that I had any recourse to complain about this. But I wouln't mind 9since any publicity or exposure has to be good) if they had to pay me.. but I suspect they'd just remove them...
  • edited January 2009
    You really need to look at the details Liz- even if you don't do anything or it is not relevent perhaps. If you don't then you may find you have no say in what they do in future- and removing them is very unlikely. I haven't looked at the details yet- as it doesn't effect me- but it should not be ignored.

It basically allows you to receive compensation by you putting in a claim- if it is relevent to your work and comes under the rules for qualifying. Or you can remove your books from the system and sue Google for copyright infringement (who could afford that!)