Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Ladies of Letters

edited February 2009 in - Reading
Did anyone watch this last night? It was on ITV3 at 10 o'clock. It was only an half hour slot, but it was really enjoyable. Two of my boys sat and watched it with me, and enjoyed it too.

Comments

• I saw about half of it. What a clever idea. Maureen Lipman's expression in the last scene spoke volumes!
  • I heard some of these when they were on the radio, and they were good then. But have to say doing it the way they have, especially with the black and white flashbacks of the wedding and what they were 'actually' doing...
  • I enjoyed it - but it illustrates that it is BETTER on radio. I prefer the pictures in my imagination.
  • Yes I watched it and enjoyed it. Maureen Lipman nd Ann Reid are perfect for the parts. :P
  • No I was watching Richard Gere in Pretty Woman...
  • edited February 2009
    After watching it I fished out my copy of the book and found it was written almost 20 years ago. I remember the radio version was Patricia Routledge and Prunella Scales.

Last night's episode was almost word for word to the book except they'd changed things like Battenburg Cake to Arctic Roll - I suppose an attempt to update it.

I enjoyed it and the wry humour still works.