Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Waterstone's Children's Book Prize winner

edited February 2009 in - Reading
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/7897877.stm

Comments

• Pah! My friend didn't win... but she said that this book is extremely good...
  • Not much of a write up. Away with the fairies and all that ....xzzzzzzzzzzzzzz been there, done that
  • Read Elen's then.... it'll make you cry...
  • What's it called?
  • How Kirsty Jones Stole the Elephant
  • Hmm. Sounds more interesting than that fairy story.
  • It's a lovely story. My name is in the back... Elen is in my writing group.
  • The fairy story sounds interesting, I'll look around for it.
  • I had started writing a book about a teenage boy who sees fairies! Perhaps I'll leave it now!
  • LizLiz
    edited February 2009
    Eeeg! You can always read it and see if it is different enough. I was just mailed by Marie-Louise , who I also know, she also didn't get it, but she is the only person to have been nominated twice!
  • Liz - hope one of your friends is successful next time!
  • Any of my friends would be wonderful, and I include all you. But Elen's book was the one she started on the Uni course I did, we were in the same group, so I've seen it grow from the first chapter on.... and even after the course finished we kept meeting, so the rest of the writing of the book, through her getting an agent, to getting published, have all been lived through, so it's really special to me. It's still a brillliant, lovely, heartwarming story though, and just being nominated means it will sell well.