Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Where is Dr Marvello's Travelling Circus?

DazDaz
edited March 2009 in - Writing Tales
Hi All,
Once again, I feel like a total literary slut only popping in now and again when I have news to share, but I do like to keep a close eye on the ramblings. Just sometimes i dont have much to say.
Okay, so as some of you may recall, the paperback of my first novel THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE is due out this year. Some of you have heard of it, some of you have even read it :) .....so here's the thing; it was due for release this very day 5th March. The cover was all done and looks fab - part credit due to me for illustrating a pic of the hero Cornelius Quaint, of course - the insides were all done, we had a secured order of 1350 from WH Smith who were putting it in their BuyOneGetOneHalfPrice promo and all looked rosey.........but then a last minute deal from Waterstones popped in at the last minute. They not only wanted an order of 2000 but also wanted to feature the book in the prime release slot of June, and promo it also. This is fantabulistic news for me, and the benefits far outweigh the delay. I;d been psyching myself up for March release - and as this thing has been on the boil since December 2005 thats a lot of psyche - so was slightly disappointed until I heard why it was delayed.
June can't come fast enough cos I have another 3 books already written in the series gathering dust and at this rate I will have a stockpile of Victorian adventure stories to last me until 2012...
Thanks all....keep up the good fight
Daz

Comments

• Great news Daz. Will definitely have a look for it when I'm in either Smiths or Waterstones. Congratulations and good sales.
  • Waterstones are closely co operating with my historical series, Daz, they are more hands on than Smiths and don't have the Smiths' ethos of '12 weeks on the shelf, if not sold pulped and the company charged for the books' - which means you are in much, much better hands with them. Congratulations!
  • Great news, Daz!
  • They do say the best things are worth waiting for! :)

Well done, Daz - and thanks for keeping us informed. Look forward to seeing it in the shops.
  • Hi Slut - great to read this - many congratulations!
  • Hi Daz, congratulations. :-)
  • cheers all,
    i've experienced a lot of delays on getting this onto the shelves over the years and the tension is really building for me now. I just want the book out there and let it be judged on its merits. it's v frustrating only having a limited edition hardback out there since Feb 2008 and no progress (seemingly) since then, but the delays have been valid and understandable from the publishers' point of view. With Waterstones on board, and a prime release slot of June I am hoping for big things! if not, I will have to top it with the sequel. I'm working on Book 4 at the moment and its the only way i can kind of forget whats going on in the world of THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE. Helps take my mind off it.
    Thanks again for the nice comments, folks.
  • Well done, Daz. That is great. Just keep at it on Book 4. When you hit the big time in June, you won't have time to write at all so you'll be glad you've already done all the follow-ups!
  • This is really good news, Daz. Hope you're looking forward to the big release date - and until then, keep writing. Give it another year, and you'll probably be so busy with book tours and promos that you'll be glad you had the extra writing time!