Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Macmillan recalls Andrew Marr book

edited March 2009 in - Reading
Wonder what it says that could get him into trouble...

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/79296-macmillan-recalls-andrew-marr-book.html

Comments

• The truth?
  • edited March 2009
    Full story in the Sun within a few days maybe? Followed by a court case!
  • I had this book from the library a few weeks back - I thought it a really good read, So yes, Jay is probably correct. This is what comes of living in the Dictatorship of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
  • I half expect to have my last comment deleted - by someone.............. ;)
  • Very interesting...Did you notice anything controversial in the book, Lexia?
  • And if they are recalling those in shops, your copy becomes a rarity in a way.
    If you do find something, let us know what it is- in a rioundabout way, just in case...
  • Hmm. You wonder if someone's more likely to sue now everyone knows there's something in the books. Unless they've already had a complaint.
  • I suspect a complaint has caused the recall.
  • edited March 2009
    I have returned the book to the library now - huh.

caro - "controversial" depends a bit on your opinions and perhaps political persuasion. Though I found it straightforward and unbiased. As the TV series.
    I asked for it in WHS today, and they haven't got it. There's a couple on Amazon - am not sure whether to order or not.

(and a few on EBay but rather expensive for me :) )
  • Did you finish it?
  • Yes I did finish it - not in one session,mind.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160398/Publisher-pulls-copy-Andrew-Marr-book-remark-feminist.html

revelations...
  • edited March 2009
    ouch, that is rather serious. i'm surprised Ms Pizzey didn't complain about it sooner...after all, the book was released in May 2007.
  • 2007? That's quite a time.
    Why did it get through the legal department in the first place?
  • All very odd.