Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

limerick in Daily Mail

VivViv
edited March 2009 in - Writing Tales
Just a very very small success! I wrote a limerick about Ryan Air charging £1 to use the loo on their flights, and it's in the Daily Mail today! No payment, but it only took me a few minutes to write.
Here it is:

I'm not flush, so it doesn't seem fair
That with no other loos anywhere
Once we're up off the ground
They're charging a pound.
So I say, shame on you, Ryan Air!

Comments

• Well done, Viv! I didn't see it, as we seem to buy the DM only on Tue, Fri and Saturday.
  • Congratulations Viv - well done
  • edited March 2009
    That's inflation for you.

Well done! By the way, what happens if the plane is delayed on the flight itself? Do they still charge? And is it legal? Places which sell food have to provide toilets, don't they? Even if Ryan Air don't feed their passengers, surely there must be some law about it. And what if you've no money on you?
  • I think it's a coin operated door, so they will charge no matter how long you are up there or why, and what choice is there? When you've gotta go, you've gotta go!Or put the sick bag to use?
  • Well done, Viv. Every credit counts for the old CV.
  • That's very neat, Viv! Well done.
  • Like it, well done.
  • Well done Viv, that's great fun. I'm sure it must be illegal, although you'd think they'd have checked... but with no other way of getting to a loo, surely it's against human rights?
  • Tell them you're just nipping outside ...
  • nice one Viv. well done.
    Ryan Air will keep circling the airfield until all passengers have used the loo. :-)
  • I like it. Well done Viv. :P
  • good one, Viv!
  • Nice one Viv. By the way, RyanAir certainly do charge for extras but the owner of the company said the toilet charge was announced tongue-in-cheek. Some airports are now charging £1 for the see-through bags you take on the plane, previoulsy handed out free of charge.
  • Here's the evidence - I don't think it is a joke. But apparently a coin slot could be a health and safety problem so they may charge by credit card!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/mar/05/ryanair-toilet-charge
  • Congratulations Viv, you really are on a roll at present, aren't you?

BUY some tena knickers in varying sizes and sell em to other passengers at 25p each. You can all wet your knickers then and stink the plane out, so Ryanair will have the problem of a very smelly plane to deal with before they get the next lot of passengers on :D , plus, you'll have made a profit on the deal!
  • Nice one, well done. You should join, if you don't already, the madcap limerick writers here: thread called Limerick lines.
  • Ha ha ha! Send it to Ryanair, too. They might refund your pound!
  • We used to spend a penny, but nowadays...
  • [quote=Lolli]Congratulations Viv, you really are on a roll at present, aren't you?[/quote]

A toilet roll? ;)

Well done - published by a national!
  • Well done, Viv. I deeply dislike the way Ryanair do things so glad to see your limerick was published.
  • Well done Viv. A £1 is extortion.