Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short Story to Woman's Weekly

edited March 2009 in - Writing Tales
Woman's Weekly have just bought one of my short stories - and they've upped the amount paid. That means the Owlery won't need to look for the extra dosh that going on line has cost it!

Comments

• Brilliant! Well done!!
  • Clever Ceka!!! :D
  • congratulations! That's a tough market!
  • Well done Ceka!
  • Well done!
  • Excellent! It must have really stood out, they don't exactly encourage submission these days!
  • Great news!
  • Cheers, folks. It's the first one in ages, the others have come back saying the dreaded: (you guessed it!) PREDICTABLE, so glad this one wasn't!
  • Congrats Ceka !
  • Many congratulations, Ceka.
  • Well done ceka.
  • great news. well done
  • Well done. What name will it appear under?
  • Ceka, well done, and for someone who until recently couldn't cut -n - paste. :)
  • Well done Ceka.
    How long did they take to say yes, from when you sent it?
  • Congratulations Ceka! When will it be in ? :P
  • Very well doen, Ceka. I look forward to reading it eventuallly
  • Great news ceka. Are you owling with joy!!
  • Thank you, everyone. I'm always chuffed when I get something taken, it has never diminished, but now it is tinged with relief, cos I'm not selling that much these days! (novels take up a lot of time, you know! And Original Thought has faded from my Brain, hope it will one day return, maybe with the oncoming springtime.) It will be published under my real name (I am still very reluctant to put that on the internet, even on a nice site like this one. It's one more thing I'm going to have to accept and get on with ... but not yet!) I have called it 'A Mouse in the House' and since WW often keep my titles, it will probably come out under that one. It's the second in a series of stories taking a rise out of the NHS, where 2 of my jobs are based. I've no idea when it will come out, it's usually about 3-6 months, (the longest, from My Weekly that time, was SEVEN YEARS) and I sent it to Clare Cooper (my editor there) in November. That's about average for WW, 4 months. Thank you all again - TB land is such a supportive network!
  • Well done, Ceka!
  • That's good news ceka, encouraging the rest of us. Well done.
  • Congratulations
  • a huge great well done to my feathered friend.
  • Well done Ceka
  • well done Ceka, great result, will look out for it - let us know what issue it will be in.
  • Well done ceka! :)
  • Ee by gum that is good news.
  • Good news indeed.
  • Well done Ceka. :-)