Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

This Has Made Me Really REALLY Mad!!!

edited March 2009 in - Reading
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1161841/A-coke-snorting-It-girl-friend-Royals-8217-t-man-ends-rehab-Who-COULD-Tara-P-T-8217-s-new-novel-about.html

Comments

• edited March 2009
    is it actually an autobiography????

She is a bit delusional about it being made in to a film isn't she? And about who should be in it...

Granted I've sat and pondered who could play my characters but that is just wishful thinking on my part - and it is usually who is going to be the baddies!
  • It sounds about twenty years out of date to me. No-one is writing books like that anymore; anyway who wants to read about the spoilt upperclasses?
  • Well if it has a publisher there will be idiots who want to buy it.
    But I think we can safely say the film industry are going to be making films that are going to guarantee people going to watch them- this wouldn't do that!
  • edited March 2009
    and saying that Angelina Jolie would be too old to play the part when she is younger than the author [I use the term loosely]...who says that she would want to do it?

What an imagination TPT has - where does she get her ideas? ;) :P
  • edited March 2009
    Does she have a publisher?

Edit:

Can't find anything.

What happened to her singing career again?
  • edited March 2009
    I don't even know who she is, and don't really care. Her book won't appeal to me anyway. I like stuff that's unrealistic.

Three things I've picked up on:

"So just what creative flights of fancy is our would-be lady of letters conjuring up for an eager, book-buying public?"
    ---------What universe are they in? An 'eager, book-buying public? Is that the universe where Stephen Hawking discusses Tale of Two Cities with George Bush Jr?---------

"It was, maybe, with one eye on the imminent demise of The Underdog Show that she agreed to strip off for Sky TV cameras last month to be painted nude by former convicted art fraudster John Myatt. It is hard not to get the impression that, career-wise, things are becoming slightly desperate."
    ------------being painted nude is not a desperate thing to do. It is FUN.------------------------

Tara locked herself away and appeared to become rather careless with her personal grooming until her sister Santa came round and announced: 'You've got a moustache - you need help.'
    ------------What crime did her sister commit in a previous life to be named Santa (Though Santa sounds a nicer girl)?-----------------
  • Dear Stirling, this shouldn't make you mad - it should make you laugh uproariously!
  • I hope it vanishes without a trace.
  • It's the most ridiculous book idea I've heard!

Laughable, yes. It's just about broken every rule in the book!
  • Well we need something to laugh about occasionally...:)
  • Can entirely understand your annoyance :)

Besides that, though, I don't like the tone of the article. eg "Tara Palmer Tomkinson looks great for her age". But she's only 37 - hardly over the hill!
  • Hard life! ;)
  • I thought you meant The Daily Mail made you mad in general. I know it makes me furious most of the time.
  • Good point!
  • Valid point. :)