Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Sula by Toni Morrison

edited March 2009 in - Reading
after finishing Dubliners in Literature we started on Sula.
I don't like it. Not just the storyline but her whole style. The character of Shadrack seems very random and pointless. the main character of Sula is only really introduced in about chapter 4 or something. And i just cannot read it. i should have finished it in an afternoon easily. But 3 weeks on i still have not finished it! i've decided this will probably be the unit i don't actually write an essay on (we only need to do 4 units and tehy give us 5...just in case we fail one!)

anyone have any thoughts on this book?

Comments

• Never read it, but I did find that with books I couldn't read easily, a taped version of them could get me into it enough to go back and read. Is that worth a try for you, Jemma?
  • i think it would be worse listened to... but thanks for the idea.
  • finally finished the book and lessons today...now just have to do the assignment over our 2 week break... plus our linguistics assignment plus our history assigment and a stupid study skills assignment and another not so stupid study skills assignment- my presentation on Richard I
  • best of luck with it, Jemma!