Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I write like Jack Kerouac (apparently)

edited March 2009 in - Reading
I have just done a silly quiz which tells you what kind of a writer you are. I write like Mr Kerouac, it tells me.
Now have to admit that I needed to google the man - because I have never heard of him.

Anyone read him ? Is it worth my while reading his work does anyone think ? Or shall I just carry on writing in his style and maybe one day someone will make a quiz which tells them they write like me ! ;)

Comments

• hee... i just did the quiz as well when i saw your result on facebook :) i am apparently like James Joyce... i don't like his writing- we just finished an assignment on his book, Dubliners... i got 66% but most importantly i got my 3 credits at level 3 and don't have to look at the book again!
  • Try Jack Kerouac's 'On the Road' - Did it at Uni and completely fell in love with it.
  • It's a classic.
  • edited March 2009
    Sorry to have to reveal your dreadful secret, Lexia, but Kerouac was nearly always drunk, or high on speed, when he wrote. Even worse, perhaps, Truman Capote called his work typing, not writing. I should steer clear of such quizzes or we might discover things about you that we don't really want to know.
  • Where can we find the quiz, Lexia?
  • It is a Facebook quiz guys...
  • [quote=Jemma Ash]i am apparently like James Joyce[/quote]

me too, Jemma! :)
  • I did the same Facebook quiz. Apparently I'm like William Blake.
  • edited March 2009
    Do you think the quiz is accurate? :)

There's a another writers' quiz on:
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/fun/dawson02-02-05.htm
  • 'inner writer zombie' love that warning. :)
  • I could have done it this morning, but didn't have enough time. Might do it tonight though :D
  • I'm Jack Kerouac too, and I haven't really wrote anything yet!
  • Kerouac lived fast & died young (cirrhosis of the liver?). 'On the Road' is a classic, but in my opinion totally overrated. William Blake, now that's an accolade. Admittedly, his visions may have been the expression of bipolar disorder, and these days he'd most certainly be medicated up to his eyeballs and therefore completely non-creative.
  • Wa-hey! I'm Shakespeare.

But I think I went to a different quiz.
  • Do you think they've only got a limited range of writers to liken you to?
  • Yes. They do.