Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Woo-Hoo!

edited March 2009 in - Reading
Just got my first first-class grade at Uni today for my Scottish History Module (essay on the Scottish Reformation).

Really not expecting it - I wrote it during the worst days of the depression/anxiety.

Comments

• Well Done!!

Hopefully I should get my grade back soon for the Gothic Stories essay soon.

I handed in my final draft last week.
  • Well done, Stirling - must be a great feeling!!
  • Whee, well done Stirling. Not expecting something like that is a real up-lifting boost.
  • I feel vindicated. Proves the fight is worth it!

Today in English we were doing about point of view; I think I might have been a bit of a smartarse . . .
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done Stirling!
  • And good luck with your essay, Probie!
  • Nice one Stirling, keep up the good work. :)
  • Excellent! Well done!
  • Well done, Stirling!!
  • Brilliant news! It's all upwards from here on out then!
  • Congratulations Stirling. :P

Good luck with the essay Probie.
  • Thanks, I hope I get an A*.

Getting A* in my Macbeth, has kinda set a standard. Gulp.
  • Even more pleased: I have an interview for a bar job on Wednesday now (The Gargunnock Inn for anyone who knows the area!)
  • Well done on both counts Stirling.
  • Well done Stirling, that's very good news.
  • Yeah...well done Stirling.
  • Well done, good news.
  • Congratulations, Stirling; hopefully everything will be better for you now!! (try not to be a smartarse too often :) ) Good luck with the interview
  • Congratulations Stirling for the essay and goodluck with the interview. My fingers are crossed!
  • Many congratulations on your grade, Stirling: but even more for the smartarse POV comments. It seems I've taught you more than I realised!
  • Well I couldn't help it.

We were reading a short story, and the girl next to me said it was omnipresent. So I could help it: 'no it's third person restricted - you only hear one narrative and you can't hear the thoughts of any other characters.'

That was just one of many smartarse comments!!!
  • Good stuff, Stirling. Nice one.