Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in May 09's magazines due out 2nd April?

2»

Comments

• Jay- I think it's too early in the weekend to answer that question...;)
  • I have just read your story today Anyanka.

Must admit, half way through and I thought I had guessed the ending.

But I was pleasantly surprised, thank you.
  • Well done Anyanka and Viv.
  • Semidiurnal means ... what, exactly? A Diurnal hunter is a daytime hunter. Does it only hunt in the mornings or only in the afternoons if it's 'semidiurnal' .... sorry, Jay, can't answer your question!
  • edited April 2009
    semidiurnal
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, occurring, or performed during half a day.
    2. Occurring or coming approximately once every 12 hours, as the tides.
    3. Of or relating to the arc described by a celestial body between its meridian passage and its points of rising or setting.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/semidiurnal

So the answer to Jay's question is: The definition in WM is wrong. The writer probably changed his/her mind about which word to put but forgot to change the definition.
  • I cant believe you are all enjoying the May edition and I havn't received mine yet!!!!!!!! I subscribe to the mag for years now and can't believe I'm waiting still!!!
  • Easter won't have helped on the postage front.
    Are you in the UK monty? If you haven't received it within two weeks of issue let them know, so they can send you another copy.
  • Did you renew your sub?
  • I received my copy today and Im savouring the moment I can close the bedroom door and open the magazine in total comfort and privacy. Im in Ireland Carol and like you say Easter probably played a part in it, postage wise. I allow myself the treat of this subscription each year Stan so I make sure Im up to date thanks, but I agree it can slip ones mind so easily.
  • Monty - you'll have the next issue arriving before you've finished this one!
  • You say that Jenny, I haven't read the last two. I have a collection on my desk.