Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

An interview with another crime novelist: Chris Simms, on my blog.

edited March 2009 in - Reading
Chris Simms is the author of seven crime novels and is based a few miles from me on the outskirts of Manchester.
If you've not heard of him, you soon will as the powers that be in the publishing industry recently announced their 'Top 25 Authors of the Future,' and Chris made the list.

Like the last author I interviewed, Matt Hilton, Chris is another decent hard-working family man who's followed his dreams.

Here's the link:
http://colburysnewcrimefiction.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Just in case you missed this as I posted it late last night.
  • Enjoyable interview, realistic view of getting a book published without sending a prospective writer into a fit of depression. Thanks
  • Cheers, Susie.
    It just goes to show the 'system' works; if you stick at it.
  • Just hijacking this thread Col. Good to see you, how's tricks?
  • Hey, Coops.
    I'm fine thanks and really getting into this writing lark.
    I trust you are well.
    When I've judged the poetry comp' I'll email you.
  • The interview was a really interesting read. Down to earth, realistic advice.
    Interesting how he managed with only two afternoons free.
    Message: hard work and bum glue. And no internet connection!
  • Interesting interview Col. Like it.

Liked your 'Domestic hated' story too. Very gritty, nice.
  • Thanks for the interview with Chris, Col. Always useful to us hopefuls to hear it as it is.
  • Bill,
    It just shows us all that it CAN be done and to say, 'I've no time,' is just an excuse, as the guy has a job n 4 kids!
    Richard,
    Thanks for commenting on the blog and your kind words re' my story. It's greatly appreciated, mate.
    Dwight,
    Yeah, he does speak the truth and puts things into perspective when it's easy for us all to dream of huge advances.
  • Not sure if this is the right blog - might be the chillers/killers - but Bill's story is well worth a read - as long as you don't suffer from paranoia! :)
  • Hi CC,
    Bill's excellent story features on Thrillers, Killers N Chillers which has a link via my blog above.
    Thanks for commenting on the interview.
    Have you read any of Chris's novels?