Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Society of Authors May 19th

edited April 2009 in - Writing Tales
So --- who has won an award from the DSJTCT and will be at the ceremony next month?

Comments

• No one I know.
  • Hmm.. nobody on here received an invitation -- yet?

I have.

The DSjTCT phoned and asked if I could collect my award.

Would not tell me which award.

Nothing on the Net to explain which ones are being carried on by DSjTCt and which by Writers' News.

Hmmm....
  • Well done!
  • Thanks. I hope I am not going to be the only Talkbacker there! It was so fantastic meeting Butterfly and many others at Harrogate in 2007. But now they have split the awards in two there will be far fewer people there.
  • Congrats, Helena!
  • Er, Helena... you didn't receive your invitation on April 1st, did you?

Not wanting to doubt your obvious eligibility ;)
  • Dwight, you cynic!
    Well done, Helena - which award is most likely to be yours?
  • I thought DSJT were mainly just doing the self publishing awards these days, as all the short story and poem ones are with WM/WN. Did you enter that Helena?
  • edited April 2009
    Dwight you are a beastie!

Ceka - to my knowledge there's only two awards that the book would be eligible for, either (a) best non fiction or (b) best overall self published book. You can win (a) without winning (b) but as (b) is chosen from the winners of (a) plus their counterparts in fiction, poetry, etc, you cannot win (b) without winning (a).

So, now I have confused everyone! I'll try again.

The minimum I have won is the "best non fiction self published book". And I might have won the best overall as well, as I did in 2007, but I don't dare to dream of it, because I am not likely to have won it twice.

Viv yes I entered the book for judgement as a non fiction SP book.
  • Well done Helena.
  • Fantastic achievement, Helena. Well done.
  • Tanx everyone!