Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

2nd Prize in Competition

edited April 2009 in - Writing Tales
I've today heard that I've won 2nd Prize in the Age Concern essay competition this year for a 1300 essay on School Friends and have been invited to the prize giving in May. Last year I was awarded a Highly Commended in the same competition for a poem. Another essay on a similar theme will be published in a Society publication in Kent either in the summer or winter, according to a letter I received last week from the editor. I also had a letter telling me that one of my haiku will be in May's Writers' Forum. Maybe this will be my lucky year - I hope so. It started with a 'phone call from the Poetry Society on my birthday at the beginning of March, informing me that I've won the online competition on Robbie Burns and will be receiving a set of first day cover stamps. As someone here said: "From little acorns ..." Perhaps I ought to enter some more competitions. Last week I sent a six line poem off and hope to send the Stephen Spender Poetry In Translation one off next week. That is the prize I'd really treasure.

Comments