Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Did anyone watch the Book Awards last night?

edited April 2009 in - Reading
I'm quite surprised not to see any mention of it on here.

Comments

• tut ! No ! What channel was it on? Can we watch again ?
  • No. Didn't know it was on. Like you RichardS I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on here.
  • It was on 'Watch' last night at 20:00 until 21:30.

The results are here;

http://www.britishbookawards.co.uk/winners.asp?

Doesn't look as though it can be seen again, unless it's repeated.
  • i didnt know it was on or i would have watched it .
  • I can't get 'Watch', though I knew it was on.
  • I haven't even heard of "Watch" - I assume it's a digital channel? What sort of programmes does it cover?

Thanks for highlighting the results Richard. :)
  • It's available as part of the Sky package. Not sure if it's Freeview, I'm afraid. They tend to show a mixture of old and new shows, quite a lot of repeats but pretty good ones. Their website's here;

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/homepage/sid/6784

Strange how if you want a show about books you have to search on 'Watch' and 'Sky Arts' (The Book Show). Whatever happened to that part of the BBC's remit.......?
  • I knew it was going to be on TV - due to Alan Davies tweeting about it on twitter (he presented an award...crime thriller I believe he said) but he failed to mention when and on what side it would be on.

I think Watch is linked to BBC...seeing that it's usually BBC programmes on it.
  • Sky package? Us poor writers don't have that sort of luxury! We can only afford BBC1!!!
  • edited April 2009
    Thanks for the link, Richard. Never heard of Watch, but hardly surprising since I've been out of the loop a looong time.
    Incidentally, shouldn't this sort of stuff be mentioned in Writers' News? (Or was it??)
  • is it with the bbc? it shows richard and judy, which i think was a c4 programme? so maybe its connected to that?
  • edited April 2009
    Watch was origionally something else, UKTV Gold or something or other.

I wouldn't be able to live with out my Sky +

Even though we have Freeview in the caravan when we are away, it's not the same.

Besides, its recording while we are away!
  • You can't get 'Watch' on Freeview.
    Jediya, they don't have to be linked to the BBC just because they show BBC programmes. A number of the digital channels show past BBC programmes.