Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Low Tide, Lunan Bay is published today!

edited April 2009 in - Writing Tales
I suspect that Rosalie spends her days wafting around in chiffon, being adored, drinking Champagne and feeling creative.

She's a clever woman and a good writer. Frankly, that's all too much for me, embittered as I am: I think she's being greedy. And that has irritated me so much that I've discussed her on TWO of my blogs today.

http://howpublishingreallyworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-respond-to-reviews.html

http://theselfpublishingreview.blogspot.com/2009/03/congratulations-to-rosalie-warren.html

Joking apart, Rosalie, your writing and your attitude to it do you proud. Much success and fun with your latest book: I'll look forward to reading several more from you in years to come.

Comments

• That's nice HPRW. :)
    I'm sure Rosalie will be very pleased at the positive comments.
  • Yes good luck Rosalie!

HPRW enjoyed reading your blog and I love your poem
    'Into this vast room'
  • Congratulations Rosalie. I have tried to order your book from my local library at Colchester, but they don't seem to have heard of it. I have only tried online, so I will have another go at the desk and see if they will order it in for me. I really want to read it.
  • :) [...floats into room draped in chiffon, wafting scent, champagne in hand, faithful secretary a few feet behind, recording every word that falls from the pink-haired author's lips...]

Thank you, HPRW. Your words are much appreciated and I am so pleased to be mentioned on your blogs... and with a picture of my book cover, too!

And thanks, all, for the good wishes.

Fay, thanks so much for trying to order "Low Tide, Lunan Bay". Hope you succeed. I must order your book, too (also published by Robert Hale: "Sleeping Dogs" by Fay Cunningham - out soon.) I'm looking forward to reading it.
  • [quote=Carol]I'm sure Rosalie will be very pleased at the positive comments. [/quote]

Carol, she deserves them: she's very professional, and very kind.

[quote=kateyanne]HPRW enjoyed reading your blog and I love your poem
    'Into this vast room' [/quote]

Kateyanne, thank you! I might almost have to blush now.

And Fay, it could be that your library only deals with books once they've been published. Try taking in the ISBN and see if that helps them find it.
  • [quote=Rosalie]hank you, HPRW. Your words are much appreciated and I am so pleased to be mentioned on your blogs... and with a picture of my book cover, too![/quote]

I liked the cover too much to leave it out! And you're welcome to the comments: your kindness and professionalism was very welcome, especially after the less well-intentioned remarks that other writers have left me.
  • PS--Rosalie, you could drop in on my blog and remind me when your signing is: don't suppose it'll bring anyone else along as my readers are scattered pretty widely across the globe, but you never know.
  • will do...
  • Congratulations Rosalie, I will certainly try to order your book from the library. I would love to purchase a copy but it's a little bit expensive. Will Hale be bringing it out in paperback at some point? It would be great if they did.
  • Congratulaions, Rosalie
    Love the blog, HPRW. How did you know that your 'troll' came from Seattle?
  • Congratulations Rosalie, hope it sells loads!
  • HPRW, your Self-Publishing Review looks to be very helpful and I'm glad I've found it.

Rosalie, I hope your book makes it big.
  • Well done, Rosalie!