Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Granddad's book published

edited May 2009 in - Writing Tales
My gran has been working hard to get this book published and it is finally done. My granddad died in 2002 and it's great that this can finally be done.

Its called

But The Pain Is Still There

http://www.amazon.co.uk/But-Pain-Still-There-Testimonies/dp/1847485618/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241895726&sr=8-1

Comments

• Congratulations to your Gran on her book.
  • edited May 2009
    Pass my congratulations to your gran, glad her perseverance and belief in the book paid off.
  • Watch Athena Jemma (they are one of the worst V-publishers.)
  • Never too old to get something published. Well done, that grandmother!
  • That's a lovely thing for your gran to do on your grandad's behalf Jemma
  • Well done to your grandma, Jemma. I'll bet you're all proud of her.
  • Congratulations to your gran!
  • nice one.
  • edited May 2009
    I'm pleased for your gran that she's achieved something she wanted to do.
  • edited May 2009
    Great news - well done to your gran.
  • Well done Jemma's gran ! Sounds an interesting theme too. There isn't a "blurb" on amazon - but I guess the title speaks for itself. Hope it sells well.
  • well done Jemma's gran.
  • Well done to your gran Jemma.
  • thanks all

I know about Athena and i did warn my parents...but mom didn't really have control on what my Gran chose to do... my aunt is closer to Gran geographically so was dealing with all the stuff... my brother even had fun designing a really nice cover and gran and aunt both said it wasn't nice... meanwhile it was better than the one that has been used now... oh well...
  • It boils my blood when vanity publishers target kids and older people.

Be careful, especially if they start asking for her to buy in bulk (this is how they make their money.)
  • Congratualtions to your Gran. I am sure you all feel very proud.
  • thanks stirling...i'll keep that in mind