Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My story has been accepted!

edited May 2009 in - Writing Tales
I've just heard that my story, The Food of Love, has been selected for Best Gay Romance 2010.

Comments

• Cracker, Jay! Well done, another feather. That must be some headdress by now! (Does it suit you?) Where can one get at the story to read it?
  • Congrats!
  • Wow! Congratulations you clever sausage!! Yayyyyy! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif
  • Well done, Jay - that's fab news!
  • Well Done! More success! Yay!
  • Wow, Jay that's brilliant. Does this have any repercussions? Good ones I mean?
  • Well done, Jay. Well deserved! :)
  • Congrats, Jay!
  • Well done Jay!
  • Fantastic news! Well done, mate!
  • Great news, Jay - well done
  • thats fantastic well done you!
  • Well done Jay - wonderful news!
  • Congratulations Jay -that's fantastic. :D
  • Well done!

I don't know what Best Gay Romance 2010 is (although I think there may be a couple of clues in the title) is it a magazine?
  • Congratulations, Jay.
  • That's great, Jay, well done
  • Excellent news, Jay - Congratulations!
    :D
  • wonderful news!
  • congratulations, Jay! :)
  • That's great news Jay. :)
    Well done.
  • What a wonderful honour! Congratulations Jay!
  • Well done, Jay! :)
  • edited May 2009
    Thanks, everyone. "Best Gay Romance 20xx" is an annual anthology which comes out about Christmas. You can read a story of mine in BGR2009 which is available from bookshops, probably by ordering, from online stores, and from some libraries. I receive a one-off payment, so no royalties and, as it's an anthology, no public lending right, unfortunately; but I'm hoping it might boost sales of my own books. Most of the contributors are American, so I'm pleased my story was selected.

You can read one of my short stories on my (usual) publisher's site:

http://www.bewrite.net/bookshop/excerpts/dkol.htm

There's a trailer there as well.
  • Well done Jay!
  • Great news Jay - well done
  • well done, Jay
  • Well done Jay - again !! As you have been paid I shall insist my local library order BGR2009 . I take great pleasure in filling in those little white cards at the library and saying - "this author is a colleague of mine " ;)
  • edited May 2009
    I'm only one of about twenty authors! And I don't receive plr on it, whereas I might if you borrow one of my own books. :-) And, with the latter, I'd get royalties, too.
  • I'm sure that some people who enjoy reading your story in the anthology will look out for other things you've written.
  • That's what I'm hoping.
  • Well done!
  • Good news, Jay! :)
  • Well done Jay, you are on one hell of a roll.

Congrats
  • Congratulations!
  • Great news Jay, and well deserved.
  • Well done, Jay
  • Just read 'Last time in Bruges' - lovely. Love is love, anywhere you find it.
  • Congratulations Jay, great news. :-)
  • I've just read the story too. Sad but beautiful.
  • Thanks, everyone. The stories for Best Gay Romance 2009 and 2010 were inspired by pictures (a photo and a postcard); while a long weekend spent in Bruges led to that story being written.
  • COngratulations, Jay. That's great news.