Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

On Woman's Hour, yesterday!

edited May 2009 in - Writing Tales
This is hardly a success, but it really made me laugh when I heard it. I happened to turn on Woman's Hour on Wednesday 27/5/09 and listened to someone called 'Little Boots' (Victoria Hesketh) singing a pop song she'd written. I can't bear pop as a general rule, but I liked the opening chords and then I really enjoyed the song (stuck on repeat) and I was on-line so I just sent them an e-mail and thought no more of it. Blow me, at the very end of the programme, like in the last 10 seconds, my name and my e-mail were read out!!!! Next time I get mentioned by Woman's Hour, I'd like to be the interviewee because of something good I've written!!! I didn't believe what I'd heard, so I went on 'listen again' and there it was again. HAhahahaha!

Comments

• Send the link - we ALL have to hear it ! Fame at last ceka ;)
  • How do I send a link? You go to bbcradio4listenagain, look up Woman's Hour from yesterday, listen to the lovely song (about a quarter of the way along the moving-ball line) and then skip to about Minute 56. As soon as the music finishing off the Book Reading finishes, listen very carefully or you'll miss it! I replayed it about 4 times yesterday but tonight I can't make it work! It still makes me laugh - and realise just how careful you have to be, e-mailing live to a programme that's still running!!!
  • Try Radio 4 IPlayer.
  • No good, won't let me in again. For the iPlayer they want me to read a huge licensing document (would I have to pay? Can't work that out) and then tell them what 'speed' I've got (no idea, how would I find out?) So I've given up - why would it let me listen yesterday without any hassle at all, but now I can't make it work any more? (gnashing of beak and talons)
  • edited May 2009
    The listen again thing has a limited time I think.
    As long as you are in the UK you can use IPlayer- you don't need to pay. The speed thing is so you get the appropriate visual for tv programmes.
  • Congrats Ceka, great timing!
  • Wow!

Just shows you how instant emails are and how careful we should be...

I emailed a letter off to a running magazine yesterday. The friends who I run with
    were complaining that they only ever put 23 year old stick insects on the cover. So,
    I offered to write a letter. Fingers crossed they don't want a photo of us...

:(