Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book of the Month

edited May 2009 in - Writing Tales
Just found out that my first novel, Charity's Child, has been selected as a Book of the Month (for June) at Ore Village Branch Library, Hastings, Sussex. Apparently it's a very busy library so I should get lots of loans. Hurray!

Comments

• Great.
  • Congratulations!
  • really good news! Congratulations!
  • That's great news
  • Great news, congrats.
  • That's good news, Rosalie. I'm sure it will get lots of loans. :)
  • Well it is Book of the Month, well done. :)
  • Well done, Rosalie. More loans and more fans, I hope.
  • Good News...can you arrange a talk/book signing event to coincide with this?
  • Well done Rosalie !
  • Congratulations!! Cracking news!
  • Cool! Well done. I'm jealous!
  • Great news, Rosalie
  • Thanks, folks. Good idea, KJ - only problem is I'm a fair distance from Hastings. But it's worth thinking about.
  • Well done Rosalie! :)

Any possibilty that your local library might consider a similar venture if you point out what Hastings is doing - then you could both benefit from some publicity?
  • Fantantastic news!
  • Will think about that, CC - thanks.
  • Excellent news Rosalie! Congrats to you. To make the most of the publicity now you could contact your local paper and the Hastings local paper to offer yourself for interview.
  • Hey, well done you!
  • Great news.
  • Thanks!

Josie, good idea about the Hastings paper. I've already been in my local paper. If anyone's interested, see the article on my web page at http://www.rosalie-warren.co.uk.
  • Fantastic! Well done. You must be all a-quiver!
  • Hope you get further plugs- and more books of course.
  • Your intellectual credentials are terrifying, Rosalie, but your photo shows such a friendly smiling face!
    Well done for all - keep at it!
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks Ceka - nothing scary about me but I am usually happy and hope I am a friendly person :)

Had a nightmare last night that I had to retake my A-levels and I had completely forgotten to revise! (Only 36 years now since I actually took the dratted things... do these nightmares ever stop?)
  • edited June 2009
    "To dream that you are taking an exam, signifies insecurities, fear of not meeting others' expectations, and fear of failure."

So forgetting to revise perhaps means you are trying to keep such fears under control. :)

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/e2.htm
  • That all sounds very plausible, Carol. (Though forgetting to revise may just mean that I am getting very forgetful!)
  • Brilliant news! Had you contacted them, or was it out of the blue?
  • A bit of both, I think, Jay. A friend of mine who lives down there asked if they would order both Charity's Child and Low Tide, Lunan Bay for the library. Not only did they agree to that but they chose Charity as their book of the month. Shows what can happen when you ask!
  • A great positive.