Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

First prize in the Swanwick Children's writing comp!

edited May 2009 in - Writing Tales
Just had a phone call to tell me that I have won this! I win a week at Swanwick ( again :) )

Comments

• OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    What a star !
    Brilliant, excellent, superb, fantastic - just WELL DONE YOU !!!
  • (Sorry, KateyAnne, that took longer than I thought!)
    Well Done! Congratulations.
    See, doesn't that just prove you Can Write? You won the poetry last year and the Children's this year - is there no end to the woman's talent!
  • Wow, well done! Great news.
  • Congrats :o)
  • That is wonderful. Congratulations. :)
  • Kateyanne, you are a STAR!! Brilliant news. :D
  • Congratulations
  • Wonderful news, well done:)
  • Oh, how fantastic!! Well done that girl!
  • That's superb Kateyanne - very well done!!! :)
  • Well done you!
  • Oh, well done Kateyanne!
  • Cloud nine...fantastic.
  • Excellent! Enjoy your free trip.
  • edited May 2009
    Great news - well done, Kateyanne!!
  • Hooray! Well deserved. Congratulations, Kateyanne. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • FAntastic news, Kateyanne. Well done :D
  • Congratulations! Enjoy the prize ;)
  • Delighted to hear of another Swanwicker achieving 'the double'. I'll look forward to handing over the trophy in August and hope that you'll allow me to read your story.
  • Sorry, I meant another Talkbacker achieving the Swanwick double. My fingers are typing ahead of my brain this morning.
  • Wow! Well done Katey!
  • Congratulations Kateyanne - that's brilliant news. :D
  • Congratulations Kateyanne. To have two wins in different categories is especially impressive.
  • Fantabulous!! What an achievement, well done!
  • Well done!
  • wonderful news!
  • VERY WELL DONE, Kateyanne - winning two different categories is fantastic! :D
  • And Montholon did it as well, last year and the year before. Some people NEVER pay to go to Swanwick! Are you going again this year, Montholon? I guess KateyAnne is now!
  • Indeed I am going to Swanwick this year and looking forward to seeing Kateyanne take over the trophy. Not only that, but Mr Montholon will be accompanying me for the first time. He's got the writing bug too!
  • Thanks everyone!
  • congratulations! :D:D:D
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • Brilliant news. Well done.
  • Well done, Kateyanne. How anyone can win a poetry competition beats me, given the competition that there is in that field.
  • well done, Kateyanne.
    I was convinced I would be going too, but no phone call! Have a great time.
  • Well done!
  • many congratulations, enjoy the happiness it brings you
  • Brilliant news!
  • Wooo that's great :-)
  • Well this, of course, is the most fantastic news, Kateyanne. Your head is soon going to be too big to fit into the front door of the Talkback mansion! Congratulations you clever sausage!
  • Thanks IG hey you know how I feel about sausages! :)
  • Whoops. Sorry. Totally vegetarian sausages of course, you clever vegetarian sausage, you! :D
  • I am actually looking into maybe going this year. Would you recommend it??
  • Just seen this - well done, you are a talented lady! The pressure's on for next year, then...!
  • Yes Emma I would recommend it had my doubts at first, but I got quite a lot out of it and met loads of great people.
  • So did I - including Kateyanne!
  • I went about four years ago Emma, and it is worth going (at least once) if you can afford it.
  • Spectacular news Kateyanne! Swanwick is supposed to be brill. Hope you have a wonderful time. x
  • Swanwick is One Week Away.
    Get Yo' Bags packed!
  • Have a great time!