Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE is out now...FREE COPY!!!

DazDaz
edited June 2009 in - Writing Tales
Hello All,
Just dropping by to let you know that my book THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE is out now to buy from all good book stockists, both online and in the real world. It's doing rather well, with some good feedback helped by positive word of mouth. I;m presently at #148 in the WHSmith's book chart and they are also promoting it in their Buy one get one half price promo. Waterstones are also featuring it in their 3 for 3 promotion tables. I sold 100 copies in two days, then a further 350 copies by mid last week, so its doing well.
There is an interview with me here from May 30th: http://mattbeynonrees.blogspot.com/ by Matt Rees, award winning author of the Omar Yussef books. I'm getting some nice comments via my email address also: [email protected] from folks who have read the book, and are looking forward to the sequel next year.
It's all still new and fresh for me, and after a wait of almost 4 years to see the book in paperback I am torn between watching the reviews and charts like a hawk and just sitting back and praying. I really want the book to do well, obviously - not least because I'm half way thru book 4 and if it all goes tits up at this stage I'll be scuppered!!!
* As I promised, I would like to offer one lucky Talkbacker the chance to get a TOTALLY FREE COPY of THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE in paperback. I will send it signed and postage free to the first person who emails me (address above) with the correct answer to a riddle that is related to Cornelius Quaint's trade. Interested? Brill, just promise me that you'll go to one of the online book sites or Book Army and review the book in your honest opinion, and spread the word to all your booky-wooky friends. Ta.
OK, here's the question:
A conjuror is performing a trick with a glass whilst stood on a chair.
The chair gives way and the glass falls to the floor but it does not spill any water - Why Not??

I will post the answer once the winner is found!!
cheers all,
keep on scribblin'
Daz (Darren Craske)
Q)

Comments

• congratulations, Darren, keep going, keep going! I want to read the sequel!
  • It's a cracking read. :D
  • i've got some answers in.....and it's close.
  • Well done Daz - so pleased to hear this!! :D
  • Will look out for it when I go shopping this coming week.
  • OK, well, i think I;ve let you sweat enough.....(plus davaaris kind of gave the game away! :))
    The Winner of the FREE signed copy of THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE is......

(drumroll)

Forget-me-not.
    The correct answer is of course that the glass was empty.
    To the others that tried (and got the answer right) Forget-me-not's email was the first that I received. Well done her.
  • Now I read it, I was going to say, Bum. Oh well...Well done FMN!
  • Enjoy it FMN. :)
  • Well done FMN! E-Mail said you pipped me at the post :oP
  • FMN, It's a great book, I know, I already read it! Enjoy!
    Darren, I was thinking earlier I'm suffering the same sort of delays you had, problems at the publishers and Waterstones rejecting the covers meant my two book launch has been delayed. On the other hand, as Guy and I are behind our (self imposed) schedule it has given me a breathing space but the frustration is quite intense! Like you, I want the books out there!
  • Cool, I won?! Yay, can't wait to read it. It'll be my first TBer book (but not my last :))
  • Exciting times, Daz - enjoy! :)
  • Well done, Daz. I'll put it on my list.
  • Sorry guys. I thought I'd whispered that. Doh!
  • you must have done, Davaaris, I can't see any comment from you on my screen.
  • I'm really pleased to hear things are going well.
  • Great news (missed this earlier so didn't enter the comp) - hope you sell lots and lots.
  • davarris - yeah - my bad, you did whisper it! :)

Dorothy,
    Thanks for your kind words. After your email, i did have chance to go back and tinker with some things that annoyed me too - lots of commas kind of stuck out like a sore thumb once you pointed it out! So the paperback is a lot neater. Benefits of doing a hardback that comes out a year before the pb!!! But I know how frustrating it is waiting for the machine to grind into action. Writing the book was the easy part, it was the waiting that almost killed me. i was lucky with my covers in that the designer was great, and allowed me to tinker with his ideas. I drew the Cornelius Quaint illustration on the pb cover, which is another coup. Not only am i seeing my words in print but my picture too. double wow!
    I found that getting published is a long line of milestones, and each one can be gruelling. I had expected a moment of pure exhultation seeing it in my hands but the long wait (i signed in 2006) almost made the finished output an anticlimax. Nothing could have been done about it though, and i need to remember my achievements. Getting anything in print is an amazing thing, whether its a one page article, a whole series or a one off, and i cannot let myself forget that.
  • And don't forget the local publicity to take advantage of the book being in Smith's and Waterstones...
  • Congrats, Daz. Look forward to reading it.