Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short story acceptances

edited June 2009 in - Writing Tales
Hi all,

Apologies for the long time away from you all. Work is manic, and will continue to be so until they make me redundant in October. So precious little time for writing and none at all for TB, really. However, in the intervening gaps I've been tinkering with some of my old short stories, a tweak here and an edit there, and starting to send them out again...

...and I've just had three acceptances in the space of a week! One story which made the top 10 in the Earlyworks Press "Old Magic in a New Age" competition, and is getting published in their anthology of the same name. And two accepted for Bridge House's forthcoming anthology of ghost stories, due out in time for Halloween!

I'm very pleased. I also recently had my first ever royalty payment, for the short story I contributed to the last Bridge House anthology, which netted me nearly £25. Not bad considering I was just one of 21 authors in that one!

Comments