Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Weird Dreams, Part 2

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Err...I don't know...unless it is taking my writing more seriously which is my resolution/goal for 2010.

I haven't any new hobbies or interests that involve lightning or fire though ;)

But I suppose it could be something that is yet to happen...maybe it is my subconscious is telling me to go at 2010 with passion...and all my dreams will come true!

Just so long as there isn't a great fire thunderstorm that makes light fittings explode ;) possibly inspiration for a story?
  • I keep dreaming about doors and keys. I know it sounds like something significant, but we've just got a new front door and I'm obviously worried about getting locked out.
  • Well at least you know why you're dreaming about them. :)
  • ... or locked IN Jay. I would class that as worst - what about you ?
  • I can see that it might be worse - but it's much more likely I'll lock myself out.
  • Chippy, your dream reminds me of "The Fall of the House of Usher".
  • Last night I dreamt we were out for a walk when I saw a sweet little owl peering over a very low fence. As I got nearer, it leapt into my arms and said "Hallo". Then I realised it wasn't an owl. It was a baby seal. (An easy mistake to make!)

The next scene involved one of my cousins turning up in a hall somewhere. I haven't seen her for years, but we talk on the phone every week. I took her back to our house but instead of going to the front door we went via the back garden. (Of course it didn't look anything like our house or garden.)

There in the garden was the baby seal who flolloped over to us and said "Hallo". I picked it up and handed it to my cousin - I was surprised that she was quite happy to give it a cuddle. Also in the garden was an inflatable paddling pool for the seal's use.

I woke up thinking, "How can we look after a seal? I don't want to just put it into the sea. There must be a seal sanctuary that would take it."

!!
  • And is there?
  • Very odd, and rather unsettling dream at the end of last week. I was a young man again, and living in a big house, unsure if I was the son of the house, or some sort of servant. I became aware that I had the responsibility of looking after a bird that was housed in a small side room, and I found myself looking at the door to this room with a dreadful, and growing realization that I hadnt fed or even checked on this bird for a long period. As I started to panic, a man, (not sure if it was my father or the master of the house) appeared, and demanded to see the bird. Thoroughly frightened, I opened the door and saw the bird. It was on a perch in the room and was huge, at least four feet in length and probably nearly as high. It was a mass of dirty, fluffed out black feathers, and when i looked closely, I could see it was in a state of advanced decay, I could see through its fleshless ribs and its eye sockets were empty. And the dreadful thing was, it was moving, was still alive :(

Cue for Snailmale to wake, a trifle sweaty.
  • I often have dreams where I've forgotten to feed a pet - that I no longer have. I think it has something to do with having too many responsibilities. Like Snailmale, I'm always younger than I am now.
  • edited October 2010
    More than once I dreamt that I'd forgotten to feed our budgie for ages or clean his cage. Yet in the dreams he was always fine and the cage was clean. (And it was years since we'd had a budgie!)

BB - Imagine the scene at the seal sanctuary if I rang them and said, "Hallo. I dreamt last night that we had a baby seal in the back garden. Can you take care of him?"
  • "Yes, we are the dream seal sanctuary - the only sanctuary who deals in dream seals."
  • edited October 2010
    Do you think they'd come and collect him? In another dream, maybe!
  • Dream seals are only despatched and delivered, never collected and cuddled.

You're on your own.
  • Do they ever get clobbered by Canadian cullers?

Or was that insensitive?
  • Stop it! You'll give Jenny nightmares.
  • Thank you, BB!
  • edited October 2010
    *hopes Jenny doesn't dream about Baggy and SM tonight*

Sweet dreams!
  • I'll let you know ... !
  • I'll be the the successful writer, counting her millions!