Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

2 in Triggerfish Critical Review

edited June 2009 in - Writing Tales
You gals and guys have already said congratulations. It amazed me that you didn't doubt me when I first told you about these being accepted. I just wanted to share.

http://www.triggerfishcriticalreview.com/

Enjoy!

Comments

• Thanks for the link. Just had a read. :)
  • Carol, thanks for taking a look. I hope you enjoyed them.
  • Susan, why on earth should we doubt you? I just read your two poems (I guess you must be Mary Susan) and love the imagery particularly in the first one. I'm not sure I really understood the second one (the salad) but it rings of the South - I hope that was what was intended! I'm nothing of a poet and get lost a bit with 'real' poetry (cos I can only do really clunky narratives and useless-but-fun limericks) but I think yours is 'real' poetry and I admire you for being able to write it!
    TB Others - take a look, link above!
    well done, (Mary)Susan, may there be many more!
  • Agree with Ceka, you have nothing to worry about you can write poetry, and it is now in print to prove it. :)
  • Hi ceka! I'm glad you enjoyed them. Why doubt? I came back to TB after being gone for years. Although some famiIiar names were still here, many names were new. I could have been exaggerating about these poems being published. It didn't matter to the TBers. They were happy to congratulate me even without the proof to back up my words. Simply wonderful people here.

Mary Susan (that's me!)
  • Ah, gee. Carol you are too kind.
  • Ceka - all poetry is real, even the ones that make us laugh. For the life of me, I can't rhyme, so I admire you. *smile*
  • Right first of all I have as much knowledge of poetry as I do quantum physics. So let me tell you this from my blockhead viewpoint, the potato salad one made me soooo hungry. I think it is because it placed me so firmly within each situation you describe and allowed me to savour all the flavours. You could say I tasted your poem on my tongue. (note to self remember to buys some potato salad today). I'm not sure if that was the aim of the poem but it is what it gave to me.

But saying that I couldn't read the first one without rereading the first line three times. "Clouds, like unwatched milk, boil..." it really captured my imagination, the twist of the old adage and the simile of boiling milk with clouds threw me a little. I liked that.
  • Tony - I truly appreciate this comment. Thank you.

You could say I tasted your poem on my tongue. (note to self remember to buys some potato salad today).