Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Carnegie posthumously given to Bog Child author

edited June 2009 in - Reading
This was one of three of the books my son thought might win.
Sadly the author died in 2007, but her royalties are going to a good cause.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/89653-carnegie-posthumously-given-to-bog-child-author.html

Comments

• And the comments made by her editor about Britain's library culture being the base of our literary culture were interesting too.
  • I asked my son which had been the most popular in their votes, and it was Black Rabbit Summer and The Knife of Never Letting Go that received the largest number of votes. Certainly these two led to interesting discussions.
    It was another one of the entries my son thought was a potential winner (not this one-oops). Apparently he felt the one that won was the weakest of the books.
    But the Carnegie Medal shadowing he did this year and last has introduced him to new writers he has enjoyed, and led him to read more of.
    As there is money going to such a good cause which will hopefully give more children opportunities to read.