Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Review of All About Sex

edited June 2009 in - Writing Tales
http://rainbow-reviews.com/?p=1512

A review of All About Sex.

Comments

• Never thought I'd see Lady Cake in one of your books!

Excellent, Jay.

:)
  • that's good! like, really good!
  • Hey, I just thinking about you, Jay and wondering where you'd got to. Will go have a read of this later.
  • Yes, the review's quite long! If anyone wants me to, I'll summarise it.

I've had a migraine. And it's too hot to do anything at the moment.
  • Abbreviated review:

RATING: 4 stars

BOOK REVIEW:
    This is a hilarious and quirky book that doesn’t make much sense and has even less coherency, but that really doesn’t matter much since many of the individual scenes are laugh out loud funny. The storyline is somewhat disjointed and jumps around frequently with entire scenes devoted to inane nonsense that has no bearing on the story; yet the characters, dialogue, and actions are incredibly entertaining and humorous. Read this book for the witty comic relief and just accept the random details the author throws in, they aren’t needed but don’t distract too much.

The scene where Sam and Daniel are kissing and Sam admits to having used Daniel’s toothbrush is one of the funniest scenes I’ve read in a book. That scene alone is worth reading the story so go buy the book to see what I’m talking about.
  • Jay - the last sentence in the full review is intriguing!
  • I'm saying nothing! :)
  • I thought you probably wouldn't! We can but conjecture ... ;)
  • An interesting review. Well done. I quite like the sound of 'scenes devoted to inane nonsense'. :)
  • The reviewer obviously enjoyed it!
  • Well done, Jay! That review would make me buy it ... hell, I will buy it! I love inane nonsense!
  • Thanks, Scratch!
  • Well done, Jay. Another success.
  • Well done, Jay.
  • Whatever he said it's a recommendation to buy the book, which is great. Well done.
  • [quote=Jenny]The reviewer obviously enjoyed it! [/quote] Yes indeed. To have remembered a scene and gone to the trouble of quoting it suggests the book made quite an impact and so perhaps wasn't quite such 'inane nonsense' as he first thought.

I'm sure that review will encourage far more readers than it puts off.
  • edited June 2009
    I hope so, too! At least it got 4 stars. :)
  • I 've just followed your link to read the whole review, and it's marvellous. I've only seen snippets of your writing via the One Word Challenge, so I know you can write, Jay - but this review gives so much more insight. Congratulations!