Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Best Gay Romance 2009 - blog comment

edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
Found on writer Nathan Burgoine's blog:

BEST GAY ROMANCE 2009 ... to me, the theme that popped out among all the tales was instead the notion of the wounded. From physical wounds (T Hitman's "One," Simon Sheppard's "Coming Back to Me," and Shanna Germain's beautiful "What We Leave Behind") to emotional scarring and losses (J.M. Snyder's painful "Afflicted," and Jay Mandal's lovely "Chiaroscuro"), it seems that romance is a tale best told by those who've had loss and suffering.

For me, the two tales that stole the show were Jay Mandal's "Chiaroscuro" and Mark G. Harris' "As Sweet by Any Other Name." Mandal's beautiful progression through a relationship born, bloomed, and fallen, and the connection to a younger generation, was a delight to read.

http://n8an.livejournal.com/607043.html?view=3111747#t3111747

Comments

• Oooh - great comments!
  • wow, you're getting some great reviews lately, Jay!
  • Great stuff, well done Jay. :D
  • Good to hear about another good review for you.
  • Brilliant - you must have been thrilled to read that, Jay.
  • That's a great review...

"Mandal's beautiful progression through a relationship born, bloomed, and fallen, and the connection to a younger generation, was a delight to read."

You must be chuffed, I know I would.
  • Well found - well done, Jay
  • Wonderful reviews, Jay. Very gratifying.