Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Barbara Bonfigli's blog visit at Ascroft, eh?

edited July 2009 in - Reading
I've been reading Barbara Bonfigli's new novel, Cafe Tempest, in preparation for her visit to my blog, Ascroft, eh? this week - and I've been thoroughly enjoying the book. Reading it has allowed me to slip away to an island paradise, every chance I got, the past couple weeks. Since I opened the book it’s kept me laughing and dreaming of moving to this island paradise.

The author describes this fictional island, Pharos, as “a small Greek island with no airport but plenty of means of escape. It’s a sparkling necklace of turquoise bays and sun-laced platias, where ice trays are still being test-marketed and donkeys have the right of way.”

If this book intrigues you too, stop by Ascroft, eh? at www.dianneascroft.wordpress.com on Friday, 10th July when I will post an excerpt from the novel and the author, Barbara Bonfigli, will drop by to answer a few questions.

Dianne Ascroft,
author of 'Hitler and Mars Bars'

Comments

• I'll put that in my diary, DA and 'check it out'.
    Cheers!