Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My Weekly

edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
I have a story in My Weekly!

Comments

• Well Done!!!
  • That's good news, P-M!! :)
  • Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be in until later, but Niddy spotted it and told me. I'm going out to buy a copy, just in case they don't send me one.
  • Well done!
  • Thanks, Jay.
  • Congratulations - well done
  • great news!
  • Congratulations. Hope you manage to get a copy, too.
  • WEll done!!
  • Thanks guys - the local shop didn't have a copy, but I should be able to pick one up tomorrow.
  • Another one Phots?
  • That's great news- well done.
  • [quote=dora]Another one Phots? [/quote] Have I mentioned it already? I've had a story in there before, but not for a while.
  • Congratulations - great news. Just bought a copy. Which one is it?
  • Well done.
  • Thank you.

[quote=megrose]Which one is it?[/quote] 'A Lucky Omen' on page 60.
  • Sorry Phots I was mixing up the weeklies. :)

Well done writing lady.
  • No problem - I've been known to go on about any success until OH holds up a bit of paper saying I KNOW!!!! so I did wonder if I'd already mentioned it.
  • Congratulations Phots-Moll!
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done! I'll go and get a copy. I love reading other TBites work.
    If they haven't sent you a copy ...
    ... am I waiting in vain for my copies to come through - I've got 4 on the Paid-For list with DCThomson, going right into last November.
    Keep a'goin, everyone. We plan a TB Takeover of Womag?
  • Found it! Read it - very neat, Toshlompl.
  • Good for you Phots Moll. Very well done.
  • Thanks!

Ceka, they did send a copy. Previously I've got one a day or two before it's in the shops, but this one came afterwards. I read that for a while they weren't sending contributor copies, but had started again.

Have your 4 stories been published - or aren't you sure?
  • Well done!
  • Congratulations, Phots-Moll :)
  • They haven't been published to my knowledge - but I think I'll ring Liz and Marion tomorrow and find out, cos if they haven't been sending copies, I wouldn't know, I don't get the magazines except about once in 6 weeks to keep up with things. Bummer if I missed them!
  • Good plan - if they've not been used yet, they might be able to say when they will. (Marion - is that Yours?)
  • No, she's my ed at PF
  • Ah! I'm yet to get accepted by them - I keep trying though.
  • Well done!
  • Well done :-)
  • Well done, Phots-Moll! :)
  • Well done, Phots-Moll!
  • Congratulations! Great to hear good news.
  • well done!
  • Well done, very enjoyable read. Even better when you know the author.
  • Ceka, can you let me know what you find out? I too have had about 3 or 4 bought and paid for by PF that I have assumed still haven't been used, but if they are not sending out copies any more I could have missed them. Are you sure we aren't leading parallel lives??
  • Well done, Phots Moll. I've only just caught this thread - have I missed the MW it's published in?

Sigh; I dream of that kind of moment (getting published, not missing a mag).
  • Well done. I shall now re-read the story with more enjoyment now I know the author
  • Thanks, everyone.

Viv, Thomson did stop sending contributor copies, but it was only a temporary mistake apparently. I got a copy from My Weekly (although not until just after it was in the shops) so it's likely PF are sending them. Maybe it would be worth starting a thread for people in this situation where you could list the name you'll be published under, title you expect to be used and a few details on the plot, then anyone who reads (or has recently read) the mag could say if they've seen it?

Lilly, yes it's gone now - you'll have to look out for it in the doctor's waiting room! Keep writing and revising and studying the market and sending stuff out and you will get published.