Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Review of A Different Kind of Love

edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
Review by Rainbow Reviews:

‘These stories are worth reading for their humor, romance, and depth of emotion.

‘The writing excels when given clever dialogue and emotion in such pieces as "Head Over Heels" and "Cupid."

‘The collection also contains numerous stories where pain and heartache are just as prominent as romance and a happy ending is not always guaranteed. Especially moving are "Little Venice" and "Cold Light of Day."

‘My favorites however included the emotional and moving "Last Time in Bruges." "Of Cabbages and Kings" was a bit heart-breaking but beautiful.

‘Overall, this was a solid collection that contained both good and bad stories but celebrates romance in all its aspects.’

For the full review, visit:

http://rainbow-reviews.com/?p=1565

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Ace review, Jay. :-)
    They confirm my belief that you are undeniably the Dialogue Master.
    If anyone said the following about my stories "Each of these stories stood about the rest ... for their subject matter, dialogue, and writing", (in relation to your "Last Time in Bruges", "Of Cabbages and Kings" and "Heaven and Hell" ), then I'd be well chuffed.
  • That's terrific, Jay!
  • Excellent!
  • Well done Jay, you're getting great reviews!
  • Another great review, Jay - well done! :)
  • great reviews - well done indeed, our Jay
  • That's great, well done. :)