Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

EZINE I CO-EDIT HONOURED BY ENGLISH TEACHERS @ WORKSHOP - JEEZ!!!!

edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
This amazed me and I feel so proud.
The links are half way down page 7 of the Thrills, Kills N Chills thread for the purpose of neatness.
Cheers,
Col
;)

Comments

• Sure you never dreamt that you would find yourself on a school reading list, Col! :)

(I tried leaving a comment on TKnC but it kept sending weird messages about cookies etc so I have no idea if it has posted or not.)
  • Well done, Col B.
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers, Stan.

You're right there, CC!
    Don't know why people have trouble with comments. Sometimes I click it a couple of times and it then works.

BTW Did you eat one of the cookies, CC?
  • A choccie cookie?
  • That's great Col!
  • That's great stuff, ColB. Nice one.
    Re the leaving of comments, I think it has more to do with using Internet Explorer than anything else.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi HM.

Tracy, that's what I use, but no probs commenting. Strange.
    But not as strange as an English teacher praising me - it was the opposite at school!
  • That is a great comment to get.
  • Well done!
  • Well done Col!
  • That's brilliant Col, well done! You must feel dead chuffed!
  • Well done!
  • And well done to ALL those who've submitted as she was referring to the site as a whole, including it's content from many Talkbackers!
    ;)
  • That's great - what a nice surprise for you!
  • NEWS UPDATE...

Folks,
    This just gets better n better. The student from Oz has just updated the TKnC thread with this...

"Lads,
    You'll be happy to know that it wasn't just my teacher who recommended the site... I actually attended this HSC workshop (HSC being the Australian equivalent of the A-Levels in the UK... I think) and they listed TKnC as a top source of flash-fiction. So be proud. Your site is being viewed by students all over the state."

Bloody 'ell!!!
    :D
  • Dammit. I can't wait to be part of it next year hopefully.

Well done!
  • Whoa! That is amazing! Wish I could get something on there! Have never written that genre unfortunately though
  • Don't have to write crime FMN you can write horror as well.
  • Yeah, but I've never tried that either. I will one day though, once I get an idea. Then just wait! ;)
  • This is excellent news Col, well done to you and Matt, and all the contributors.
  • edited July 2009
    just caught up with this, surprising what one site can do when it is run properly with high standards, Col! Congratulations!
  • Obviously it's not gone to my head or anything as I'm far too professional for that...

...WOOO-HOOO!!!
  • FM, I thanked the wrong post, but hey, who cares.

For the record - you can write anything that thrills OR chills OR kills in any way - even take flash or speculative fiction as long as it fits.
  • Well done, ColB ;)
  • Wow, Brilliant! Well done...
  • A pat on the back spurs one on.
    Thanks to everyone!
  • thump on back with wing, nibble of ear with beaky thing. Well done that man!
  • :)
    Cheers, Ceka!
  • congratulations Col!
  • Congratulations Col!
  • Cheers, Lolli and Kangaroo!
  • Okay, I'd better get writing - my genre or not! :)
  • Go for it, Claudia!
    ;)
  • Great news, Col! And well deserved. :)
  • Thanks, FT.
  • Wow - you really are doing well. Enjoy the glory.
  • [quote=Col B]Go for it, Claudia![/quote]

Oops - just spotted this thread and remembered I'm supposed to be thinking about writing a gory story. Okay - will try to think of something suitable.
  • Go to the Gore-Store
    ... well, the blood fridge, to us in the NHS
  • Great news Col - well done you !