Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

runner-up, no cash!

VivViv
edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
I am a runner -up in the June txtlit.co.uk competition for a fairy story written in the space of a text message (154 characters max). No cash prize unfortunately, but I've had another go for the July competition with a ghost theme. Winner gets £50, and it's only £1 to enter. My little story is not yet appearing on the website but will be there soon!

Comments

• congratulations! Another one for the writing CV!
  • Well done Viv! Who care's about the money - it's still an acheivement!
  • Congrats, Viv! And hope you'll be in the money next time.
  • Congratulations.
  • Well done, Viv, great stuff!
  • Another success, Viv - well done!
  • Well done, especially when you only have 154 characters to use.
  • Well done!
  • Well done viv
  • My runner-up story is on the website now. What do you think of the winner?
    http://www.txtlit.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=13&Itemid=28
  • Oooh, well done Viv, what fun! I love doing short, extremely short stories! The last one I did was the 366 word story for the Scholastic WOW anthology. I can't do text speak tho as i don't ever text!
  • Just read them... love yours actually Viv, as it has more meaning as you think about it!! I did enjoy the winner, but it was a bit obvious... and it's not in text speak!!!!!
  • They actually discourage text speak. They want proper English and proper punctuation, and no abbreviations, which makes it even harder to do it in 154 characters!
  • well done, Viv
  • Well done Viv!
  • Well done!
  • The winner was okay, but I preferred yours and Richard's.
  • Congratulations :)
  • The runners up were much better- well done Viv. :)
  • Have to agree with Carol and LizB, I thought the runners up were better - especially yours, Viv!
  • Too kind! A few too many frogs and princesses for my liking - not very original.
  • well done Viv
  • Yes, Viv, yours is best. The winner is Shrek in two sentences. And I must be having a middle-aged moment: I don't understand Richards.

The March winner is clever.
  • Richard's story - I suppose she is expected to do a little more (sexually) than just kiss the frog to turn it into a prince??