Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Published in The Plymouth Magazine this month!

edited August 2009 in - Writing Tales
It's not under my full name, only Emma, but me and my garden project are in there. 40 000 readers have access to the magazine. If I'm that excited when I'm published without payment, what will money do to me? As soon as the magazine updates it's link, I'll post :)

Comments

• Well done, Dudess. Look forwward to seeing it.
  • edited August 2009
    Any published writing is a success worth shouting about, Dudess! Especially since we all write for the love of writing and not for the financial rewards!
    What do you mean, we don't? :{
  • Brilliant - it looks a good magazine too!
  • I'm now re-reading Writers Forum, as I've read a sentence somewhere that writers should write, even if it's only a few paragraphs. Or something along those lines. Can I find it? Can I chuff. It's probably in something else I've read today. Rather fancy putting it on my wall as a guru-inspirer though.
  • Well done D.
  • Congratulations
  • Well done.
  • Congratulations, Dudess. :-)
  • Congrats!
  • Great news - many congrats
  • congratulations! Feel good, it's a success!
  • well done dudess.
    Was that writing thing in WM not WF? See the Kate Mosse article, end paragraph.
  • Congratulations Dudess!
  • Yee-Hah, 40,000 people have now read your WOW (words of wisdom)
    That's a lotta folks, Dudess!
  • It's been a good couple of days, handing out free copies of TPM, I'm still waiting for the online version. Bring on the paid articles, eh? Also had fun last night telling a colleague I'd written a novel - naturally she didn't believe me, but I convinced her in the end. I must not look like a novelist. Wonder what one does look like?
  • Only just seen this. Well done, Dudess.
  • Well done, Dudess - enjoy your success. :)
  • Well done Dudess, and when you send out articles you hope to be paid for, you can use that as an example. And could you make use of this information you used for a possible paying market?
  • I put my congratulations on the other thread when I couldn't comment on this one, so congratulations again Dudess, still haven't received our copy, it is usually delivered about the middle of the month.
  • Thanks (!) everyone, I'm still waiting for the words to go online. I also had a letter published in Railways Illustrated magazine this month (pg 86), no payment but half a page of a rail tour I did in the western Highlands of Scotland at Easter.

Will think about how to rewrite for paying markets too, and have just bought WM so will look through there for inspiration and think about entering a poem.
  • Congratulations!
  • IAt last we received our copy. It was a good article. I am going to try some of your home made weedkiller. I have some commercial stuff in the shed but am always wary of using it because the dog next door thinks she ought to pay us a visit quite often. Well done.
  • Thanking you! They still haven't updated their website though. That weedkiller works best when it's sunny, really kills the beggers!
  • Has it been updated yet?
  • Yes - with the next edition, gah! They had July up all August, then went straight to September. Grrgh.