Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Created my own blog, everyone

edited August 2009 in - Writing Tales
For sometime I have been resisting this and I do not know why but I now have my own blog so note, http://fionaswritingfolio.blogspot com as a way of attracting interest. There is an introduction about myself and two short articles but soon I will be putting other kinds of work on the blog as well until I set up myt own website.
Have a quick look at some point

Comments

• I think the 'why' is what is stopping me doing it. I can't get interested in doing a blog of my own. Hope this is a success for you.
  • Hi Woll. Well done.

Erm, your link has the .com missing from the end of the link for some reason - it should be http://fionaswritingfolio.blogspot.com - think a space crept in there somewhere?

I had a gander - interesting stuff!

Would you mind if I made a little suggestion? Writing for the web is different from writing for print. (It's my job - I'm a bit of a bore about it, but only trying to help.) Research shows that people are put off by large blocks of text on a web page, however interesting the subject might be. It's best to make your online paragraphs no longer than two or three sentences before you put in a paragraph break, even if that seems to break the grammatical law of a different topic, issue or subject matter per paragraph. Online, these breaks make text much easier to read, or 'scan', which means your visitors are more likely to stay.

Good luck with it!
  • having finished my afternoon work session, I took a look, Woll, and have to agree with Lily, the blocks of text are rather offputting to read. Break them down into small bits and they will be easier to look at. Best of luck with it.
  • You have a chatty style Woll22 and I enjoyed the first post especially.

I'd agree with the other comments about layout - and it's a tip which should be adopted here. Longer posts need to broken up with more gaps too.

Good content can often be missed if a post looks too heavy.