Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Weekly News

edited August 2009 in - Writing Tales
Finally got into this market! Jill Finlay is obviously working Bank Holidays, cos she's just sent me an e-mail accepting my Halloween story - I'm really pleased, as this was a short-short (600 words) and they're often hard to place.

Comments

• CONGRATS!!!
    :D
    I'm awaiting a reply from them myself. How long did yours take?
  • Well done, Ceka and good luck for yours, ColB. I've just started getting this paper to see what the stories are like. Haven't written anything yet, though.
  • excellent ceka, having been trying for ages to get an acceptance from them - no luck so far.
  • great news!
  • Wonderful - hope you've done something to celebrate this victory. :-)
  • Well done, Ceka. The WN has printed a few of my stories and also one written by Mr Montholon. Persistence certainly pays off.
  • Congratulations Ceka!

Good Luck Col B!
  • Well done Ceka.
    Fingers crossed for you Col.
  • Opps - yes, fingers crossed here for you too, Col
  • Hey thanks guys n gals, but I'm mindful this is Ceka's thread so sorry, mate!
    My intention was not to hijack - just wondering how long it takes to hear from them as I can use the story elsewhere.
  • Well done Ceka and good luck Col.

Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) Jill was trying to clear any May subs by the end of that week, so it's about 3 months wait at the moment, as she has been having problems with her computer. If you subbed up to and including May it might be worth a little chase as she is usually very good at doing them in date order but has on occasion lost one of mine.
  • Thank you, oh lovely TeamTB!
    This one was sent on 2/5/09 so that's about normal, same as most womags I think ... good luck, Colonel (no, I don't personally mind the hijilling)
  • Well done!
  • Well done ceka, and good luck Col.
  • congrats ceka....
  • Great news, Ceka.

I believe Jill is in Scotland, so this isn't a holiday for her.
  • Heather,
    Thanks for sharing that info as mine was submitted on May 7th and I assumed it was a rejection, but it seems there's still hope yet!
    ;)
    Ceka & all - thanks for the best wishes.
  • Hopefully you won't have long to wait Col.
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats Ceka and Col!
  • Oh there's nothing quite like reading a bit of good news.

Well done, Lady Cake. Another story I shall look forward to reading. :-)
  • WELL DONE!!
  • Thank you all! I still get really chuffed when someone accepts one of my stories. I wonder if people like Della Galton and Teresa Ashby ever lose that lovely feeling, cos they sort of expect to get a sale?
  • Well done ceka! :)

Good luck Col! :)
  • WEll done Ceka
  • Well done, Ceka and good luck, Col.
  • Oh flip! I missed this fred.

Well done, LC.

;)
  • Yup, I missed this too. Well done, Ceka (and good luck Col!).
  • Cheers again, folks: Claudia - where are you?