Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Letter of the Day!

edited September 2009 in - Writing Tales
Hi,

Great news, I sent a letter to the Herald Sun and it got Letter of the Day! I've won a pen from Parker. My letter was about how my town is changing and not for the better. About how I'm feeling hemmed in by units and townhouses in my street, losing someone's gorgeous garden to cookie cutter units and townhouses. Feeling very proud of myself.

Comments

• Well done! Use the pen to write more letters.
  • I will, thankyou Stan,
  • Have you seen the printed letter, Kangaroo?
  • Yes I have, and it looks great. I'm going to cut it out and laminate it.
  • I have several folders now of articles that I've had published. I've not laminated any of them!
  • Well done Kangeroo. Good pen too. :)
  • edited September 2009
    Good news Kangaroo - well done
  • Congratulations, Kangaroo. :-)
  • That's great news. Well done.
  • Congratulations, Kangaroo. I am sure there will be many in sympathy with your point of view, too.
  • Great! Get that laminator fired up!
  • congratulations!
  • edited September 2009
    Good on you! That is brilliant news, Kangarucci! Well done.

Ooh, newsflash! I didn't realise you meant it's TODAY'S Letter of the Day, Kangaroo. Fantastic. I have it in my hot little hand. I'm going to laminate it for my office wall, too, and if anyone asks me why it's there I'm going to say, "I know that girl!" (well...sort of) ;) Congratulations.
  • edited September 2009
    Is this a large newspaper (sorry, that doesn't quite sound right) - Sydney or Melbourne or somewhere like that? My geography's pretty rough, too.

A newspaper with a wide circulation/A large-town newspaper.
  • Bounce, bounce, bounce! Well done, Kangaroo (sorry, IG has just corrected my picture of you. get rid of beard and balls, Kanga is a female!)
  • Congratulations!
  • Congratulations Kangaroo!
  • well done Kangaroo
  • Well done, Kangaroo! :)

I've just had a very interesting time reading today's edition online - unfortunately they didn't include the letters. :(
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]Is this a large newspaper [/quote]

It's the most popular Melbourne and Victorian paper, Jay, but is also available in every other state. It's also the Australian newspaper that Aussies look to buy when travelling in overseas countries as well. Here's a bit of trivia for you: The Herald Sun is the highest-circulating daily newspaper in Australia, with a weekday circulation of 551,100 and readership of 1,500,000.
  • Thankyou guys! IG, I hope it will be very happy there. :-)
  • Well done, that's great.
  • That is really extra special then with that VERY LARGE circulation and readership. :)