Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Better late than never

edited October 2009 in - Writing Tales
Just had a gratis copy of The Weekly News: my Halloween story came out on 26th SEPTEMBER (I missed it!) and all references to Halloween have been removed, POV changed and unnecessary speechtags have been added. Oh well! At least my My Weekly story (out today, page 51) hasn't been too 'fiddled with', only a bit. It sold on its 11th outing.

Comments

• Well done on the MW story, as well as the Weekly News one.
  • Congrats Ceka, at least they didn't bastardize the My Weekly story, yay. The other publication can burn in Hell.
  • Now then, Lee! Just because Someone got loose and is heading that way, no need to be rough to all the rest ...
    Cheers, everyone.
  • thanks for the reminder ceka, will buy a copy at the weekend.
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done. Altered or not, they liked it enough to pay for it!
  • Sounds like they more or less rewrote it ceka! Well done on both anyway, especially the My Weekly which has been nicely left alone :-)
  • Sorry to hear about what they did to your Halloween story, Ceka. But they must have loved the original idea if they went to so much trouble so as to use your story. And you get paid. And you get to see your name in print again :-)
  • Congratulations ceka
  • Ceka - that's brilliant. Where else did you send it if that was outing 11?
  • [quote=ceka]Now then, Lee! Just because Someone got loose and is heading that way, no need to be rough to all the rest ...[/quote]

There's still a chance for mankind, maybe. Have to see how I feel that day ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Nice one Ceka - keep up the good work.

Just realized, that should be nice 'two'!
    ;)
  • Here's the List: between 2002 and publication date, this story went out to My Weekly (3 times) Radio 4, Writing Magazine's Love Story comp, Fiction Feast, People's Friend, Woman's Weekly (twice) and a couple of other comps.
    Moral: NEVER GIVE UP.